Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm pining for Australia.

It's an almost physical feeling, this lack, this need. Not city Australia, I want rural. I want to be surrounded by rustling gumleaves and hot dry air and frightening bugs and brown slow moving water and Australians. I want to be barely moving, slowing down to that Australian summer pace of life, sitting on a veranda in the shade drinking something cool and talking shit with whoever happens to be there. I like that about my Australian life... the talking to anyone and everyone. Kiwis are more reserved I think. Friendly, but only when dragged out of our shells... Australia drags me out of my shell.
x

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been pining for it too, E. Missing the weather like crazy - this humidity is killing me. Miss the dry heat, the thump of kangaroos at night, the waddle of echidnas, the swoop of the brown owl clearing out the moths and bats under the verandah.

Michelle said...

..and the beer.. and the people.. and the beer drinking people.. and the talking shit.. with beer.. and people..

eroica said...

yes, yes and... yes. you get it. i get it. *sigh*

fishboy said...

So come back. Both of you.

eroica said...

ok. how does april suit you? (a short trip is better than nothing, right)