Sunday, March 07, 2004

CORIANDER.

i hate the stuff. really really despise it. so much so that i'm going to spend precious minutes on my day off ranting about it. right here, right now.
it tastes like your grandmother's worst heavy-duty soap. with a side dish of old socks. and it smells that way too. what really annoys me is that it looks disturbingly similar to italian parsley (yum) and we sell both at work, which often results in me having to take a sniff at the bunch to decipher which it is. aaargh! one of my least favourite parts about my job! you'd think that it wasn't that big a deal, but it IS! i dislike it that much. i want to wring the fat neck of whichever tosser it was who made it the popular-herb-numero-uno in recent times. it's everywhere, just waiting to attack my poor taste buds with it's viciously rank flavour. erk. i recently discovered that my flatmate (bex) feels the same. yay! hooroo hooray! someone understands! i think i'm going to start a kill-all-coriander campaign. t-shirts and badges and placards. by the way, any american readers, coriander is what you call, er, celentra? colantra? something like that. don't ever feed it to me if you want to stay my friend. or stay alive for that matter.

No comments: